Thursday, July 19, 2012

Why I thrift

I have a very small room. It consists of the main necessities of a young adult; TV, Computer, Game systems, and a little bed. :P Among the usual things most people have, I also own a lot of hand- me-down things from thrift shopping and whatnot.
I've always found a certain comfort about knowing that a wall hanging you can find at goodwill probably was in someone's house for 10+ years. They've experienced life. And maybe it's because I grew up with the toy story movies, but i don't like to throw old things away. I feel like I'm giving things a second life. A retirement home kind of :P 

Here's a beauty I got at a garage sale the other day for 3 dollars! It's a Coronet Super 12 Typewriter. I love everything about it. The color, The way the keys feel. Even the sound of it when you turn it on. I can't wait to write stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment